Most of the 10”/11” netbooks support a maximum video resolution of 1024 x 600px. On Windows 8, for example, you cannot run any metro apps on a resolution lower than 1024×768. For this matter, Microsoft’s operating systems have a few hidden settings for display scaling. Here are the steps which you will need to follow:
Start Task Manager by holding CTRL+ALT+Del or CTRL+ESC
- From the File menu (Alt+F), click “New Task”
- Type “regedit” and press “enter”
- In the registry window, search (Edit-Find or CTRL+F) for: “Display1_DownScalingSupported”
- Right click on the file and choose Edit.
- Modify “Value Data” from “0” to “1”
- Click ok and reboot the system. After that you will notice that the screen resolution changed to 1024 cu 768, and that you will be able to go as up as 1152 x 864. That’s it.
You may also follow the instructions from this video tutorial that I made: